Chris Evans is an American actor and is well known for his superhero roles as the Marvel Comics characters, Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Human Torch in Fantastic Four and its 2007 sequel. However, not many people would know that he had initially turned down the offer to be Captain America as he was afraid of the sudden fame and what it would do to his private life. But after persuasion from both the Marvel cast and Robert Downey Jr., he accepted the role and signed a contract for 9 movies. Here are some facts about Chris Evans that you may not know.
1) He used to be a vegetarian.
2) Even though he is acting as Captain America, he is not a huge comic fan.
3) His love for acting was inspired by both his older sister and the 1975 movie “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.
4) He is among the very few actors who’ve played two different superheroes.
5) He is best friends with Scarlett Johansson and they have acted in 6 different movies together.
6) He occasionally tap dances when he has anxiety.
7) He has 5 tattoos on his body and he claims that each tattoo has a specific meaning in his life.
8) In Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve and Bucky are portrayed as best friends. Not surprisingly, Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan are great friends outside the movie set.
I would strongly recommend watching some of his movies as he is really committed to his work and the end result is just flawless! (or maybe it’s just because I’m a huge fan of Chris Evans)