Time to get your brains cracking to start the new term! The beauty of words just keeps you spinning! Have fun with the riddles!
1. Brothers and sisters I have none but this man’s father is my father’s son.
Who is the man?
THE MAN IS MY SON.
2. Who makes it, has no need of it.
Who buys it, has no use for it.
Who uses it can neither see nor feel it.
What is it?
3. Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?
MAN. HE CRAWLS ON ALL FOURS AS A BABY, THEN WALKS ON TWO FEET AS AN ADULT, AND THEN WALKS WITH A CANE AS AN OLD MAN.
4. Paul’s height is six feet, he’s an assistant at a butcher’s shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?
5.What kind of room has no doors or windows?
6. Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
7. Feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die
8. A man is pushing his car along the road when he comes to a hotel. He shouts, “I’m bankrupt!” Why?
HE WAS PLAYING MONOPOLY.
9. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
10. What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Rachael Fong (1L)